If you own a small business, we are sure that you have already realised that traditional marketing can be a real drain on your funds. If you are looking for ways to connect with a wider audience, we think
It feels like 2014 has only just begun, but already Brian (owner of social network, Blog Engage) has announced their first guest blogging contest for the year.
The general idea is pretty simple – all they are asking is that interested parties post a guest blog on the Blog Engage website and then promote it as much as possible. Those bloggers with the most social activity and comments on their blog at the conclusion of the competition will win a share of US$500.
It also gives Brian and the team at Blog Engage a chance to thank the sponsors of the contest (a full list can be found below) without whom this wonderful prize would not be possible.
Go Garden Guides
Just Gardening Fun
Earth Care Greenhouses
The contest runs from January 10 until February 15 with the winners drawn and notified on February 28. In between the competition closing and the draw date, entrants are still able to collect as much promotion as they can.
SEO has completely revolutionized the Internet Marketing Domain and has become an indispensable part of online businesses. Business owners all around the world are hiring SEO services for better results, improved ranking and for good web presence. SEO is a broad field which is mainly categorized in to two parts- Black Hats and White Hats. Both these methods of SEO are widely practiced all over the world however it is important for you to select the right method for better results of your business.
Black Hat technique violates Google’s rule to improve your web presence. Black Hat is therefore regarded as an illegal way of improving your web presence, website ranking and other such results. On the other hand, White Hat technique is a much legal and safe way of SEO process. White Hat technique works in a well organized and systematic way by strictly following then Google’s norms and regulations.
Black Hat technique follows unethical SEO methods and low value tactics by cheating the system and harming the search quality. Low-value tactics tend to fade quickly. As Google gets more aggressive, low-value tactics are also getting riskier. These low value tactics of cheating the system does not proves handy in the long run. Once they fail, and they usually do, you have to start over and chase some new low-value tactic.
Whereas, White Hat technique focuses on relevancy and true SEO practices by completely following SEO rules and policies. White Hat technique includes using keywords and keyword analysis, backlinking, link building to improve link popularity and other legal practices. White Hat SEO is extremely popular among businesses who believe in making long term investment in their website. White Hat SEO is therefore regarded as Ethical SEO.
It happens to the best of us – we get so caught up in the excitement and costs of a new website that we just want to share it with the world and ensure that we actually get some visitors. Some of the online marketing techniques that people implement, however, tend to do more harm than good. These are the top 5 techniques that you should avoid at all costs:
- Unsolicited bulk emails – It doesn’t matter whether you sent out these emails with good intentions or not, unsolicited mail is labeled spam and you could end up with a blacklisted server.
- Black hat SEO – Some people think using black hat (unethical) SEO is a great way to shoot them to the top. This can, however, result in blacklisting and even bans for your website.
- Dishonest promotions – Yes, offering free stuff is a great way to get people to your website. Doing so through a fake online marketing campaign, however, is a great way to send them away.
- Excessive link placement – Many people try to add their links to as many forums, blogs, discussion boards and so on as they can. You must, however, only post links on sites that are relevant to yours.
- Promote half-finished sites – Don’t bother trying to market your website until it has been completely finished and made live. Promoting something that has been untested can really turn users off.
For some strange reason, there are still plenty of online marketing experts and companies out there that think the above techniques are fine to use in the promotion of their new website. Unfortunately, this is why there are plenty of websites out there that are getting penalized or just being blocked entirely; don’t let your site become one of them!