In a recent update to make local results more seamless and integrated, Google has removed the “Google Places” search link permanently from Google’s “More” drop-down menu option. This “Places” link which was previously located in Google’s “More” drop-down option is no longer available in that section. Hence, from now onwards the local businesses can only be found via search (paid or organic), Google+ Local, or Google Maps. The “Place” Search link was first launched in 2010 and was popularly used by businesses around the world.
The elimination of Places Search was first reported by Mike Blumenthal and the change comes not long after the launch of the new Google Places for Business dashboard. It looks like that Google now wants to focus more on G+ for local businesses so that the demand of Google+ apps in Android gets increase. The user witnessed many issues and bugs with the Google Places Dashboard. It is one of the most consistent complaints from business owners who interact with Google. Hence, this could possibly be the reason for Google’s “Place” search link. However, this is just one part of what sounds like several updates that will make local results more seamless and integrated.
SEO has completely revolutionized the Internet Marketing Domain and has become an indispensable part of online businesses. Business owners all around the world are hiring SEO services for better results, improved ranking and for good web presence. SEO is a broad field which is mainly categorized in to two parts- Black Hats and White Hats. Both these methods of SEO are widely practiced all over the world however it is important for you to select the right method for better results of your business.
Difference Between White Hat SEO Vs Black Hat SEO
White Hat SEO
White Hat technique focuses on relevancy and true SEO practices by completely following SEO rules and policies. White Hat technique includes using keywords and keyword analysis, backlinking, link building to improve link popularity and other legal practices. White Hat SEO is extremely popular among businesses who believe in making long term investment in their website. White Hat SEO is therefore regarded as Ethical SEO.
Black Hat SEO
Black Hat technique violates Google’s rule to improve your web presence. Black Hat is therefore regarded as an illegal way of improving your web presence, website ranking and other such results. On the other hand, White Hat technique is a much legal and safe way of SEO process. White Hat technique works in a well organized and systematic way by strictly following then Google’s norms and regulations.
Black Hat technique follows unethical SEO methods and low value tactics by cheating the system and harming the search quality. Low-value tactics tend to fade quickly. As Google gets more aggressive, low-value tactics are also getting riskier. These low value tactics of cheating the system does not proves handy in the long run. Once they fail, and they usually do, you have to start over and chase some new low-value tactic.
These days the success of your online business largely depends on the effective Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies and policies. SEO policies play a key role in successful promotion of your website which is must for the expansion of your online business. A successful website reaches out to number of people all over the world thereby generating new visitors and clients for your business.
- SEO professionals work towards improving your website listing in the popular search engines as a result expanding its presence in the Internet. Their policies include generating links for increasing traffic and ranking your websites higher in search engines. Top listed websites generates more business by frequent clicks and visitors as compared to low ranked sites.
- SEO constitutes an indispensable part of online marketing. In today’s world, internet supports a huge amount of business network and hence the corporate houses are earning a lot through online marketing.
- Therefore, because of number of valuable advantages of SEO services, they are an integral part of online businesses. Hence SEO services are must for each and every business as they destined to cover a wide area of internet marketing so to expand your web presence by promoting your website globally.
The professional team of search engine optimization is committed to provide reliable and attractive web services in order to promote your business by improving your online presence. They apply and follows innovative and updated research based policies and strategies in each of their respective field. By understanding all your business requirements, SEO professionals work towards promoting your website in an effective and efficient way.
Finally, Google announced a new Panda update adding it to the tally of total 24 Panda updates. The official announcement of 24th Panda update was made on January 22, 2013. A total of 1.2% of English Queries were affected, confirmed and announce by this update. The last update was made on January 21, 2012 which impacted 1.3% of English queries as compared to 0.8% of queries on November 21, 2012.
- It all started in January, 2011 when Google started taking notes of top listed sites with low quality content. Later on, the first Panda update was officially announced on February 24, 2011 which affected about 12% of US results. Since then, continuous updates were performed by Google in order to lower the rank of lower quality sites and return the high quality sites in Google search engine.
- After the first Panda update, there was a considerable growth in the ranking of new websites and a downfall in the ranking of websites with large amounts of advertising. This new change made by Google went global in April, 2011 has affected number of websites till now. Google keeps on changing its algorithm on regular basis as a result there were number of complaints regarding scrapers who are getting better ranking than the sites with original content.
The Panda algorithm of Google uses artificial intelligence to trace low quality websites which are ranked higher in the search engines. This algorithm is specially designed to find similarities between high and low quality websites. However, Google has listed certain norms and guidelines for achieving a good quality site which must be followed in order to get away with the Panda updates.
It happens to the best of us – we get so caught up in the excitement and costs of a new website that we just want to share it with the world and ensure that we actually get some visitors. Some of the online marketing techniques that people implement, however, tend to do more harm than good. These are the top 5 techniques that you should avoid at all costs:
- Unsolicited bulk emails – It doesn’t matter whether you sent out these emails with good intentions or not, unsolicited mail is labeled spam and you could end up with a blacklisted server.
- Black hat SEO – Some people think using black hat (unethical) SEO is a great way to shoot them to the top. This can, however, result in blacklisting and even bans for your website.
- Dishonest promotions – Yes, offering free stuff is a great way to get people to your website. Doing so through a fake online marketing campaign, however, is a great way to send them away.
- Excessive link placement – Many people try to add their links to as many forums, blogs, discussion boards and so on as they can. You must, however, only post links on sites that are relevant to yours.
- Promote half-finished sites – Don’t bother trying to market your website until it has been completely finished and made live. Promoting something that has been untested can really turn users off.
For some strange reason, there are still plenty of online marketing experts and companies out there that think the above techniques are fine to use in the promotion of their new website. Unfortunately, this is why there are plenty of websites out there that are getting penalized or just being blocked entirely; don’t let your site become one of them!