- Websites with informative content trends more because near about 50-80% of search queries are informational in nature. Such websites can easily capture the Search market share.
- The average website has a ratio of 80/20 navigational content to informational content. But Blogs have a higher ratio of 60/40 navigational content to informational content.
- Informational content largely falls under two categories
- Time limited informational content includes informative blog which covers Facts, News and Current Affairs which gets outdated in a few months. On the other hand, Evergreen content remains relevant for many years.
- The most popular of the Evergreen content is the “How to” content which should be included in the websites and other posts. For example- How to design a website? How to promote your business through social media? etc.
- The discussion feature in Google allows you to determine that what people related to your industry usually search in Google. To do this, search for a keyword, like [Social Media Optimization]. Then, click on the “More” drop-down menu and select “Discussions.”
- The time-limited content tends to be more effective at gaining links and attention whereas evergreen content is generally more effective at gaining rankings for specific keywords. Hence the key is to make sure that the type of content is truly helpful to searchers and not just written for SEO.
- The best way to build audience out of your informative content is by integrating the content well. The content should be easily accessible and therefore it shouldn’t be posted just everywhere. You can consult with your designers and user experience team to determine where it fits best.